Thursday, May 8, 2014

Froggit Friday: The Sweater That Would Not Die


So, several months ago (it seems much longer) I destroyed an old sweater to create a new one. The Resurrected is not exactly what I planned, but I'm at peace with it.

It blocked out bigger and slinkier than I thought. Weird things happened along the way; I love Classic Elite Firefly, but it shows every discrepancy in the stitches. The short rows at the bust line look a little Frankensteinish.
 That was supposed to be a shawl collar, but just wouldn't. After doing it twice, I gave up and grafted it into a sort of asymmetrical thing.
                          You'll notice I can't get the hem to block out quite straight, either. 
This was my first time doing picked-up set-in sleeves with short-rows. While it may be my new favorite technique, it has a very noticeable look when done with something that isn't wool. I think it looks cool, but it was a little surprising!
 I sound so negative, but for all that, I really do like it! It's the perfect Spring pullover, and I wear it all the time. It fought me the whole way. It was totally worth it. 
For more details, check out my Rav entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment