Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February Illustrator: Daniel Danger

I recently watched the great documentary Just Like Being There. While I'm not a fan of indie rock, I'm very interested in the thoughts and lives of working artists, and this glimpse into the thriving world of screen-print poster art was tremendously inspiring. However, one artist really stood out for me - New Englander and fellow "art-brat" Daniel Danger. 
His images are haunting - houses flying apart, visitations from ghosts and wolves, all imbued with the sense that the watcher is seeing something no one else gets to see. This is elegant modern illustration, catching the heart as well as the eye.
Most of my favorite artists are gone. Danger is still young, producing new work, and impossibly cool. I hope to be following him for a long time to come, and maybe own a picture or two someday.
 I mean, honestly. So perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment